Monday 2 September 2013

Warwick Castle

It's near the end of the summer holiday, but that's not why I'm roaring in the photograph.

Yesterday I went to Warwick castle to celebrate someone's birthday.  That's not why I'm screaming either.  I quite like them really.

If you look  carefully you'll see a man in a red tunic and green trousers.  Do you know who/what he is?  The shield I'm holding might give you a clue too.  Leave a comment if you think you know the answer.

As well as giving a warrior roar, I, and two other "volunteers", had to create a "shield wall" to prove that we could stop three other men from pushing us backwards.

By overlapping the three shields, and using our arms and shoulders, we could hold them back.  Could we do the same with a hoard of children?  It wasn't easy, but we just about managed it.



Anyway, I hope that you've enjoyed your holiday.  I have.  I've seen some amazing things and, most of all, had a good rest.

Over the summer I've had lots of ideas bubbling away in my head and hopefully you should have them in your hands by Christmas.

Be safe, but have adventures.

Gareth

BTW the roaring was a competition and I won!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment